Anybody tried this place?
While shopping at the Pet Club on Westborough Blvd last night, a neon "Filipino Cuisine Fusion" sign caught my eye. Inside is a large, clean, brightly-lit, and mostly empty restaurant.
I already had dinner plans so I only picked up a menu. It's a long menu with lots of interesting sounding dishes (I'll try to scan and post it soon). Just a few of them:
- chicharon bulaklak (crispy pork ruffles)
- sinigang (sour soup)
- sotanghon caldo ("A Spanish original w. a touch of Chinese and cooked the Filipino way")
- palabok (rice noodles with meats, scallions, and palabok sauce)
- burong babi (tocinong pampanga, pork marinated in special sweet sauce)
- adobos with just about any meat (chicken, squid, beef, pork, milkfish, etc.)
- prito manok (fried chicken filipino style)
- crispy pata, large or medium
- relleno talong (eggplant omelet with pork)
- macapuno ice cream with ube halaya
2262 Westborough Blvd (just west of I-280)
South San Francisco