I always look forward to reading the Thanksgiving posts each year and didn't see one started for this year yet. I am currently trying to figure out the logistics of hosting my family and squeezing in a short visit with my husband's family… smack in the middle of the day! My family tradition is that we do a first course of homemade manicotti, salad, and meatball soup (Italian Wedding soup, but in our family, it will always be ¨meatball soup¨) and then later in the day have the big traditional meal. I have a pretty big contingent of picky eaters and/or traditionalists and I don't have the details of the menu finalized but so far it's looking like:
- Gravy - Probably Ina's make-ahead
- Mashed potatoes
- Fresh green beans
- Sweet potato casserole with pecan streusel
- Sausage stuffing - double batch
- Stove top - for the picky eaters
- Veggie casserole - sort of like the reviled green bean but with a fresh mushroom/swiss cheese sauce
- Cauliflower with cheese sauce
- Mashed rutabagas
- Canned cranberry sauce per picky eaters
- Cranberry walnut rolls (I love them with the cranberries/walnuts and my husband likes to make sandwiches on them, my nephew always asks me to make one batch without.)
- Pumpkin pie - Libby's filling, probably Stella Park´s pie crust
- Apple pumpkin streusel cake (my favorite to eat cold out of the fridge for breakfast the next day)
- Coconut Custard Pie
Former (?) CH Roxlet's recipe - has become a family favorite!
- Apple frangipane galette
Looking forward to hearing everyone else´s menus!
by Jen Wheeler | With coronavirus making travel a tricky and even potentially dangerous prospect this year, we're embracing...
by Pamela Vachon | With coronavirus making travel a tricky and even potentially dangerous prospect this year, we're embracing...
by Paige Feldman | With coronavirus making travel a tricky and even potentially dangerous prospect this year, we're embracing...