Hi Manhattan Chowhounders!
My husband and I visit NYC once a year in October / November for work and stay an extra weekend. This year we're coming the first week of November, which is exactly between both our birthdays! I've read the past 7 pages of threads and have some good ideas of tasting menus, but since we just bought a house (and are being a bit more fiscally conservative), I wanted to get some suggestions!
Considerations for a tasting menu as our birthday celebration dinner (Fri or Sat night):
- $100pp or less (doesn't include tax/tip/drinks)
- Very good / must have (not just your run of the mill tasting menus!)
- Any type of food - you'll see below that I have varied ideas
- Very good chance I can get reservations (I have almost 2 months...)
- In Manhattan
Some ideas I had and thoughts about them:
- Kyo Ya's kaiseki menu (but I'm having trouble finding out how much it is since they don't have website and no one explicitly mentions it on Yelp)
- Babbo: both the pasta and traditional tasting menu sound awesome, but I'm very concerned I won't get a reservation even if I call in the exact 1 month in advance!
- EMP: tasting menu is now $125pp, but I've also read they are more molecular gastronomy now. We've had some molecular gastronomy places in SF Bay Area where we live and it's just not something we prefer/appreciate as much as regular tasting menus.
If it helps, the other restaurant we've chosen for our other night of dinner is Public. They let me make November reservations already :)
Thank you in advance!
Updated 1 year ago | 36
Updated 2 years ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 24
Updated 25 days ago | 19
Updated 3 months ago | 1