Dunno if this will stay up, but hope it does.
Firstly let me say it was exceedingly nice to have met all that attended. Secondly, to those who were unable to make it you missed a nice event.
As BeaN and I were driving home a number of observations about the event occurred to us. I think these are indicative of a true hound experience so Ill endeavor to capture them here:
1. Despite the fact that we had upwards of 14 TamBay area hounds in attendance and given the fact that the Lightning is about to embark upon game seven in their quest for the Stanley cup, I dont recall this being a topic of conversation. A good thing IMHO. Geez, did I just quote Mothra???
2. There were no, special orders. It wasnt BK and it was well recognized that it was not.
3. There was no quibbling about the bill (thanks to Ribdog for taking the lead). Payment was painless particularly after deciding not to have separate checks . Thanks to ALL for this concession. See www.bitterwaitress.com for details.
4. Although there were folks involved in the game of golf that attended. Golf also was not a topic of conversation.
5. It was nice to see those younger than us (BeaN and me) in attendance. Im confident that this great nation of ours will not fall into culinary disrepair upon our (and other hounds) passing to that great table in the .well, wherever it might be.
6. In sum, an honorable group to be associated with, my only question now is: Where next...and when?
7. One more thing, while we went through the inevitable Hi how are yas, whaddya do stuff it was basically about 2.5 hours of pure food talk and recommendations. Great Fun!
Regards and thanks for being there,