Lots happening with the end of a pretty lackluster "season". A difficult time for most restaurants, big chains as well as the smaller chef owned places.
Since I live in Fort Myers, I'll report these things and I'm sure others will add later:
1. Harold's on Bay will close and leave downtown Fort Myers with no real fine dining establishment unless you want to count The Veranda. Harold is keeping his tapas style bar open next door H2, but Harold's will close in the next week or so. At one time he was going to open in South Fort Myers but it is a difficult time to try a new place.
2. RedFish BlueFish has closed on Tarpon Bay Rd on Sanibel and Sweet Melissa's has opened in the same spot.
3. Toro is gone and some new Shannon concept is open. It is called Bacchus for now but he has some crazy idea about "Swanky Food". His Cru concept was "Lush wines" or some such.
4. Angelinas is open in Bonita Springs. Looks to be very high end Italian. I think we could use a very good Italian restaurant. Nothing ever quite comes to a first quality level here.
5. The disastrous location at the Fort Myers Country "Club" has claimed another restaurant which will not be missed. The dreadful "Syl's" lasted about 2 years, 2 years longer than it deserved. The new place is called the Edison. It is almost impossible to have the city as your landlord, and that and some very cheap golfers, make the location impossible.
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 17
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 12 months ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 0