my wife and i are traveling to barcelona this summer. we're looking for a special restaurant to celebrate my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. party size will be 6 people. one diner is gluten free due to celiac, so the restaurant has to take something like that seriously. while quality of food is the primary factor, ambiance is also important for this meal.
i've spent several hours researching, both here and on other sites, and have started to generate a list:
- cinc sentits - garners lots of mentions, though the CH reviews seem mixed. i actually ate here a decade ago on a business trip. i remember it being very good then, but how well has it held up?
- disfrutar - regularly mentioned as an alternative to cinc sentits?
- alkimia - another alternative to cinc sentits?
- gresca - many recommendations, but is it an occasion place? praise for it seems to revolve around how good a value it is
- lasarte - ambiance seems lacking
- caelis - not much info on CH, good reviews elsewhere
- hofmann - same as above
what else should we add or consider? cost is not a major concern, as long as it's not stratospheric.
- tickets - probably impossible to get in and not interested in playing that booking game
- moments - saw some mixed reviews
- el cellar de can roca - no time to day trip to girona, unfortunately
thank you in advance for your help
by Chris Rochelle | Do you carry hot sauce with you wherever you go? Squirt Sriracha on everything? Chow down on chili...
by Laurie Wilson | If you're just not ready to let go of summer but you can hear the bloody school bell ringing in the...
by Chowhound Editors | Our best raspberry tart recipe is bursting with ripe fruit, ridiculously easy to make, and perfect...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.