We would like to recreate a dish we had in Sorrento: zucchini flowers stuffed with herbed ricotta cheese, rolled in bread crumbs, and deep fried. Done wrong, they could be a disaster, so we have a lot of questions:
1. What herbs should be mixed into the ricotta?
2. How much cheese should be put into each flower?
3. Would a beaten egg work to seal the ends and as a coating to get the breadcrumbs to stick?
4. How hot and for how long should they be deep fried?
5. Any other things we should know or suggestions y'all have?