Thanks for your thoughts about CSAs, but t went heavy on produce. I've got some meat questions for you. Please answer some, all, or just riff on your own.
Do you care if meat gets to you frozen or fresh?
Do you get excited by getting "new" cuts, or would you rather stick with tried and true?
Do you trust that you are getting your fair share?
If you just go to a locker and pick up your meat, do you wish there was more interaction with the farmer or other customers?
Put the following in order of importance when rating/deciding on a meat CSA:
1. Supporting an individual farmer/farm (maybe this is connection)
2. Keeping small farms alive (in the big picture)
3. Not giving dollars/support to big ag.
4. Trusting/knowing the source (are the animals eating right? Being treated right?)
5. Getting top quality meat (does it taste great? Are you sacrificing something?)
6. "Saving" money (maybe a CSA share is cheaper than comparable cuts)
And finally, (thanks very much for your thoughts, btw), if you have the option between a meat CSA that you trust, and retail cuts from the same or a similar farm, why do the CSA?