Tried to get in to Orinocco last night around 8:30, but when we arrived we found out they can not seat a party of 7 : - ( The best they could do is a table of 3 and anotheer tabel of 4. Bummer
So we walked to Stella and it was pretty hopping, but we were lucky that a table of 8 was just leaving and we got the nice wooden table in the middle of the main dinning room.
Most of the party had not been there so we assisted in ordering apps for the table.
1. The Spicy Muscles which are served in a bowl with out shells. They were wonderful on the bread that came with the muscles. I believe it was the saffron cream muscles, but I do not have the menu in front of me.
2. The Soppressata Grilled Pizze and it was grilled perfectly, not burned but perfectly crispy. I smeared muscles on the crust and was very satisfied. The pepper selection was to too spicy for my taste, but had enough kick.
3. We also ordered the Parmesan Arancini Mozz, spicy fondue. It is nothing like fondue and we were all surprised. It had a wonderful spice that I couldnt quite put my finger on, but was unusual enough to make it taste like not your typical cheese and sauce app. Everyone was especially thrilled with this dish.
Then we all ordered main courses:
1. My BF and another person in our group had the duck, I was too full to taste but everyone raved about it.
2. I had the Pork Milanese I thought it was a little eon the dry side for the meat but it still shinned. Everyone tried it and some (who had never had it before thought it was the best of all the entrées). I also ordered a ½ of the Spaghetti with Toasted garlic, olive oil and parmesan. It was so rich and creamy, but not in an Alfredo kind of way, that I can not imagine ordering a full order. It was delightful and I took ½ the pork and ½ the pasta home.
3. One of the party for the mushroom grilled pizza; prepared with 3 types of mushroom (shitake, oyster and crimi I think) and white truffle oil. Smelled delicious, she loved it and I will order it as an app next time for sure.
4. Another member of the group ordered the Orecchiette, smoked salmon and peas. It had a lemony crème fraiche. I had ordered that in the past and enjoyed, the 2 who shared it raved.
5. Someone else ordered a special, shrimp on baby spinach and I do not recall the rest seemed very happy with it.
6. And the last member ordered a seafood pasta (not sure if it was a special or not0 served in a copper pot with a cover that was attached. It was a hand hammered pot and the presentation was lovely. She was the one to share that dish with the smoked salmon pasta.
All and all we had a wonderful meal. I felt bad for the waitress because she had 3 tables that were all drinking wine and we all ordered at the same time. I feel like the GM could have helped her out and served all the wine. Maybe they need someone just for this. It was very crowded and it was only Wednesday night.
Next time I attempt Orinocco I will do so with a very small party!