Holiday Sweepstakes: You Could Win* a KitchenAid 7-Qt. Pro Line Stand Mixer and More! Enter the Giveaway

Follow us:

Cookware 1

Stainless Steel Afcionados

rores28 | Jul 9, 201208:20 AM

T331 Stainless Steel. What does it mean?

I've searched around and I think I became more confused than anything. This is what Rada Cutlery uses on their non-knife utensils.

I thought the T stood for Tungsten alloy, but the rep said it was just stainless steel... I'm assuming that means without tungsten, which I've read gives particular properties.

Is this a good or common grade steel to use for kitchen items?

Anyway this partly out of trying to make a purchasing decision and partly out of nerdy curiosity.

Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›

Recommended from Chowhound

Catch up on the latest activity across all community discussions.
View latest discussions