Here is a complete list of the rankings:
1. Vermont Creamery: Appealing, creamy mouth feel, good salt and a deeply buttery flavor.
2. Pamplie: Classic and rich, this was well-balanced and very clean-tasting.
3. President: Nutty, complex and nicely salted.
4. Double Devon Cream: Subtle milky flavor, with a pleasing popcorn note.
5. Celles Sur Belles: Sweet, with a gentle tang; very lightly salted.
6. Kerry Gold: Balanced and robust, with a dense texture.
7. Celles sur Belles Baratte: Made in small batches in barrel-shaped churns, this butter was lightly salted and very clean-tasting.
8. Vermont Creamery Fleur de Sel: Made with large chunks of sea salt, some tasters found this ultra-creamy butter too salty.
9. Plugras: Slightly greasy mouth feel and nutty flavor, with a slightly peppery finish.
10. Organic Valley: Herbal and nicely buttery, but slightly waxy.
11. Lurpak: Mild with lactic notes.
12. Delitia Parmigiano-Reggiano Butter: This had a Parmesan funkiness that was off-putting to some of our tasters.