I posted a couple days ago asking for input, and thanks to everyone who had input. I got recs for all of these places, so still am somewhat stuck (although thinking I'll get a great meal at any of them). So here are my thoughts on all four places, followed by some questions:
1) Cru - Probably the priciest of all 4, also probably the most interesting/daring food. Obviously extensive wine list, but with some affordable bottles.
2) Veritas - Similar to Cru, perhaps, in atmosphere and quality, although with less daring food, but excellently done, and fantastic service.
3) Annisa - Least polished of the 4, electic/adventurous menu, cozy, romantic.
4) Blue Hill - on the more affordable end, somewhat adventurous food although also a bit staid in the food department, slightly loud/hectic atmosphere.
1) Are these descriptions correct?
2) Where will the food be the best?
3) Are any of these places stuffy/snooty on one hand, or particularly down to earth on the other?
4) Are any of them particularly romantic, or not?
5) If what I'm looking for is a relaxed time, where we can linger, get out for around $300 for two and have a great meal and a bottle of wine, maybe after dinner drinks, not feel rushed, and feel like we've had a really special dining experience, where should we go?
Thanks again for any and all help.