I know that there's lots of threads on where to eat in the downtown area, but I'm looking for some very particular Texas staples.
I lived in Dallas for about 8 years and haven't been back to Texas in a dozen, so I've got some pretty serious cravings going on... what I can get in Canada is just not right.... I'm going to be in Austin for a week near the convention center, no car planned.
So where can I get a decent:
1) Chicken Fried Steak - Yep, good ole CFS... something that doesn't really make it far out of Texas before the quality disappears...
2) Chile Rellano - I can find the odd one around here that might almost be meh in Texas....
3) Chicken/Sour Cream Enchiladas - Hey... don't judge me...judge my wife on that one.
4) Decent BBQ sandwich - Brisket done right...maybe some jalapenos, onions, pickles stuffed in it.
5) Beer - Not looking for Miller Light... prefer a good dark beer. Shiner Bock works, but if anyone in micro-brewing up something dark and interesting that would be cool as well.
6) Music Bar- Austin rules with live bands and bars.... which bars typically have the better bands (rock preferred...)?
Thanks for any and all help