I'm new to DC (I live in Dupont) and am having trouble finding where the little specialty groceries and stores are. In particular, I'm looking for the following:
1) A good Asian market. Preferably one with great produce as well?
2) Someplace where I can buy English pickle. Also sometimes called 'farmhouse pickle'?
3) Eastern European pickles. And pickled vegetables of all kinds. At non-Whole Foods prices. Maybe someplace Polish- or Bulgarian-owned?
4) A place with a big selection of lentils, flours, rice, etc available in bulk.
5) Lebanese or Middle Eastern grocery.
Admittedly, a long list of wants, but I have to believe there's stuff out there other than Whole Foods and Trader Joe's? Any suggestions?
Thanks so much!