happy new year CHers!
my SO and i are looking for somewhere to dine out in a few weeks for my highly uneventful 26th bday. we've exhausted our options at our more familiar haunts (Quince, 5 Doors North, Tabule) and want to try somewhere new.
the conditions, as per usual:
- somewhere romantic, but happening - so, not too quiet but still a nice room/atmosphere
- service, service, service - where they might do something nice for the occasion
- any type of cuisine, with particular interest in simplicity - no foams, bellies, livers, foie, etc - we like unique preparations of simple food like fish choices for myself and steak or pork for the SO, and i place lots of value on good veggies/sides
- good affordable new world wine choices
- under $30 mains (except steak, we could pay more for that)
- on the subway line or BONUS walking distance from mount pleasant/eglinton
some choices based on searches on the board:
- Niagara Street Cafe
any ideas? thanks in advance.
ps- PLEASE don't say Batifole. too rich, food-wise, for my palette.