The South Shore is home to quite a few Bar Pizza joints. I'm wondering if there are any out there that I'm missing? What's your favorite, where is it, why do you like it?
Following up from a previous Christos thread, here are my favorites:
1) Poopsies- Pembroke/marshfield line- terrible name, great pizza. Super crispy crust and cheddary cheese blend. Expect to wait 45-1 hour if you go on a weekend night. It's a time warp, which most of the good bar room pizza places are, but it's dark, comfortable, and just feels like a place where you should drink a pitcher of beer and eat a bar room pizza.
2) Venus Cafe- Whitman- thin crust that is sometimes a bit underdone but it's better than any other pizza within a 5-10 mile radius. It's a brick building and there are no windows; that should tell you everythign you need to know about the atmosphere.
3)Lynwood Cafe- Randolph- No secrets here. Everyone that knows bar pizza has had one.
4) Cape Cod Cafe- Brockton- a thicker bar room pizza crust. I like the large slices of pepperoni. It's an old restaurant with an updated bar/dining room. Emma's aside, it may be the most "modern" of all the places on this list.
5) Alumni Cafe- Quincy- very good product but would pick the 4 above instead. It's a legit Quincy bar.
6) Christos-Brockton- boring sauce, ubiquitous heavy motzzarella chees blanket. Crust is fluffy; it's the only saviour for this pizza. Place is beyond tired. It has a 60's-70's vibe and not in a good way.
7) Emma's- West Bridgewater- not really much of anything to like- below average sauce and crust and cheese... Its only redemption is that from 12-4 PM on sunday's it's only $0.99 per pie at the bar. It soaks up cheap beer miller lite draft and Emma's has a great video trivia system and an expansive and diverse juke box.