Quick, quick - if you're in the vicinity of Cyberjaya, near Kuala Lumpur, you have to make a visit to the one-week-old Green Banana Leaf in Shaftsbury Square. At the moment, it's serving, hands-down, the BEST South Indian food I'd ever tasted in Malaysia and Singapore! Not sure if they can maintain the standards - Asian restaurants are notorious for having ever-changing, anonymous chefs man their kitchens.
But, at the moment, Green Banana Leaf serves undoubtedly the best South Indian options I'd ever had in this part of the world. What I'd had in the past 4 days:
- Steamed idlis, served with a very tasty dhal curry and podi (sesame) dip;
- Thosai (also called 'dosa'), served with two types of coconut chutney (one's a green-hued coriander-flavoured version) and tasty dhal curry;
- One of the best paratha in KL (only the one at Jalan Kayu Prata @ Avenue K in downtown KL is better)
- Ponggal rice: this is the best-tasting I'd ever had anywhere!!
- Mutton biryani, served at lunch - very good.
- Vegetarian banana leaf rice - again, perfectly executed and one of the best renditions on town.
Green Banana Leaf Restaurant