Quick, quick - if you're in the vicinity of Cyberjaya, near Kuala Lumpur, you have to make a visit to the one-week-old Green Banana Leaf in Shaftsbury Square. At the moment, it's serving, hands-down, the BEST South Indian food I'd ever tasted in Malaysia and Singapore! Not sure if they can maintain the standards - Asian restaurants are notorious for having ever-changing, anonymous chefs man their kitchens.
But, at the moment, Green Banana Leaf serves undoubtedly the best South Indian options I'd ever had in this part of the world. What I'd had in the past 4 days:
- Steamed idlis, served with a very tasty dhal curry and podi (sesame) dip;
- Thosai (also called 'dosa'), served with two types of coconut chutney (one's a green-hued coriander-flavoured version) and tasty dhal curry;
- One of the best paratha in KL (only the one at Jalan Kayu Prata @ Avenue K in downtown KL is better)
- Ponggal rice: this is the best-tasting I'd ever had anywhere!!
- Mutton biryani, served at lunch - very good.
- Vegetarian banana leaf rice - again, perfectly executed and one of the best renditions on town.
Green Banana Leaf Restaurant
by Arturo Rojas | A great Cubano depends on great pork, and this Cuban pork recipe is just as perfect on its own as...
by Jen Wheeler | There is absolutely nothing wrong with hummus, guacamole, or even a good store-bought dip (looking...
by Chowhound Editors | Make-ahead Labor Day recipes ensure that you get to enjoy the party along with everyone else—and that...
by Jody Eddy | Labor Day is the holiday that brings the long hot days of summer to a close. Say farewell to the season...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.