I've been going to the same restaurants for 10-15 years. There's so much good Asian food nearby, I need to try new restaurants. I'm open to non-Asian food, but there's not much good non-Asian food around here.
Some of my favorites so you get an idea of my taste:
- Perbacco (SF)
- Bolognese at Vino Enoteca
- Taco El Gruellense. 2401 Middlefield Rd, Redwood City -- the other ones I've tried haven't been as good
- Ramen Dojo
- Little Sheep hot pot
- Beef/tendon noodle soup at A&J's
- Banh Xeoh from the Banh Xeoh place at the Grand Century food court
- Shanghai Flavor Shop
- Happy Cafe in San Mateo. I'm so sad they're closed, this was one of my favorites
- Chongqing chicken at China Palace in Milpitas
Is there any place that does Water-boiled fish with live fish? I've tried water-boiled fish at a couple restaurants, but their limp, soggy fish is so unappealing compared to live fish, so now I just make it at home.