What sort of griddle underside could this be?


Cookware 6

What sort of griddle underside could this be?

Rella | May 12, 2011 02:37 PM

About 4-5 years ago I bought a new range and an added griddle was supposed to come with it. I never did get the griddle that was promised, but eventually got this (see photos).
My glass cooktop left side does have two burners with a bridge, so the long grill is appropriate.

Today, going through many items to discard, it made me wonder again what this item is. Looking at the underside noticing that there are 4 little metal pegs that rise above the long metal strips, I can't help wonder about it.

It does show a number 3164280, which I have googled ad infinitum with no results.

I also think it might be a cast iron(it is quite heavy) with a non-stick finish, but can't determine that either.

Need help before I send it out of the house. Thanks.

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound