To me, our visit to Snaggletooth, a small, cozy, counter service, seafood centered, breakfast and lunch spot restaurant was one of the high light of this trip. Own and run by a couple of ex-Michelin star chefs, Bill and Jen were most friendly in their interaction with patrons and it was a joy chatting with them about curing wild, sustainable fish from all over the world.
Apart from getting a large supply of various cured and smoked fish to bring back to Toronto, the ' Complete cured fish tasting platter ' we ordered to munch in-house was a steal at only $19. Gorgeous plating design aside, the number and exotic types of fish offered were both an eye and palate opener. We were offered:
- Scottish Gravlax Trout ( citrus, dill, parsley, white rum )
- Scottish Pastrami Trout ( fennel seed, black pepper, coriander )
- Lime Hamachi ( mint, cilantro, mescal, coriander )
- Spring Fennel Pacific Fluke ( grapefruit, fennel fonds )
- BBQ Sturgeon ( lapsang soochang, coriander seeds )
- Octopus Terrine ( not on menu - house secret item?! )
The accompanying toasted 'all-dressed' bagel with its 8 available dips was also pretty amazing tasting
All in all, a wonderful and memorable visit. For sure, I'll be keeping an eye on the 2017-2018 little red book for a possible macaroon addition!