Hi all, today we launched a small update to the right hand column across the site.
At the top of the page, we've added a promotional unit for some sponsored recipes from Plated. You can learn more about the new feature, including our Makers video series here: http://www.chow.com/food-news/160739/...
At the bottom of the right hand column, we've made some changes to the recommended Chowhound results. We've removed the fallback images associated to particular boards. This allowed us to add more conversations to choose from.
These still follow the same logic:
- On the Chowhound homepage we'll return recently popular conversations
- On board pages, we'll return recently popular conversations limited to that board
- On individual threads, we'll return related conversations or fall back to popular threads from the same board
We have some further improvements in the pipeline that will improve these results. Our goals include:
- Calculating popular results over a shorter time period to provide more variety
- Adding more information to each conversation to help you determine whether it will be useful. Examples might include displaying the board a conversation lives on, the user who created the post, or the date it was last updated. We'd love your feedback on what you would find to be the most useful!
- Based on your feedback we'll hold off displaying images for each post until we can better match the images to the topic of each post
Thanks all and give a shout with any questions or concerns.