I want to give a small event for 20 -30 people who work very hard for my favorite not for profit. Some work together and some work for the not for profit and some are alums. Am trying to figure out where/how to do this.
Current thinking is:
1) mix and mingle drinks and dinner/ heavy hors d'oevres
2) not a seated dinner - good food!
3) possibly somewhere fun with a minor activity to get things going - had considered bowling with beer but won't work with the location, maybe a Chinese banquet?
4) Easy walk from ACT (not for profit is nearby) to make commuting simple
5) 5PM to 9ish
6) Attractive as I want to celebrate these folks!
7) Max budget $75 per person - can restrict alcohol to wine and beer to meet.
8) Private room or some separate space
Greatly appreciate any thoughts as I am out of my league on this type of thing with no party planners in sight.