I have been noticing a lot of hype surrounding 'New Sky' this past few days. Having eaten there at least four times during the past year, I believe I can say fairly that their food is indeed good, However, to be honest, they somehow lack the 'Wow' factor when compared to some of the food coming out of the kitchen of 'Fantasy Eatery' in Scarborough. For those of you Chowhounds who don't making the trip up to 3320 Midland Ave., the following are a few mouth watering dishes that I had during my recent trip there just to entice you:
1) Live BC spotted prawns cooked two ways. Steamed accompanied by top soy/scallion chili dipping sauce and pan fried with minced garlic and Maggie sauce. Both versions were cooked perfectly. The meat were sweet and chewy not unlike baby lobster. At $1 per oz, this dish comprising 16 mega size prawns costs only $16 and is a real bargain! ( regular price at TNT is $23 per pound!)
2) Marinated 'free range' chicken in Chinese Rose Essence liquor and choicest spiced soya sauce. Undoubtedly the best tasting soya chicken in town! Even in a culinary haven such as Hong Kong, it would be hard pressed for one to locate a better tasting version!
3) Steamed whole 'life' black bass with ginger, spring onion and cilentro. Couldn't get any fresher than this!
4) Fried veal back ribs with a sweet seasame honey glaze that is so delicious that it defies description. Have to try it yourselves!
5) Sauteed beef with chili/ fermented bean curd infused water spinach.
Total bill for this yummy dinner for four, including tax, comes to only $63!!!! What more can I say?
Reservation is essential though, even for weekdays!
Updated 3 months ago | 6
Updated 8 months ago | 14
Updated 12 months ago | 437
Updated 7 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 22