Bangkok Jam at Great World City has always been one of my fave Thai restaurants in Singapore - blending fresh ingredients with authentic Thai spices and curry mixes.
What we had for dinner:
- Yum mamuang (Spicy mango salad with cashew nuts)
- Tod man pla (Thai fish cakes)
- Spaghetti moo krob (Spaghetti with roasted pork, asian herbs & pork crackling) - mod-Thai fusion dish which worked beautifully.
- Phad thai talay (Seafood phad Thai)
- Fish-head in tom yum curry: this has to be one of the best-tasting fish-head curries we have in Singapore, almost on par with that excellent version from Ocean Curry Fish-head on Telok Ayer Street in Tanjung Pagar. Very fresh snapper fish-head and purple brinjals. Utterly decadent.
- Moo phad prik pao (Stir-fried pork with chili oil)
- Kway Tiau Radna (Braised wide rice noodles with seafood and chicken)
- Gaeng hang le moo (Northern Thai-Style stewed pork curry): superbly done here with very tender long-stewed chunks of pork in a slightly sweet curry with peanuts.
This place has never let me down, even when I have to entertain fussy aunts visiting Singapore from Bangkok. For any better Thai in Singapore, one has to go to A-Roy at Funan Centre.
Great World City #02-26
1 Kim Seng Promenade
Tel: +65 6732 4523