Hi - I'm going back to Singapore (last time I was there was 2 years ago)
you can see some of the places I went last trip here:
I wanted to get the latest and greatest recommendations. I'll be by myself this time, but I've got friends in Singapore that I'll be eating dinner with, but for breakfast / lunch I'll be by myself. I'm staying at Swissotel, so I'm basically close to anything in the center although i won't have a car, so anything that is super hard to get to maybe difficult. Would be awesome if multiples places at same hawker center, but whatever i'll travel
Here's some of the things I was looking for (kind of alot of stuff (sorry), but I don't get alot of chances to go to Singapore and this stuff is difficult to find in the US, so I'm going to try to hit as many spots as I can):
- Hokkien mee
- bak kuh teh
- carrot cake
- chwee kueh
- poh piah
- kopi tiam type breakfast stuff
- char kway teow
- chinese desserts (ice desserts, pastries etc)
- Cantonese BBQ (cha siu, siu yuk / sio bak)
- clay pot rice
- anything you think is just amazing and I'd be missing out on if i didn't try it
Separately, a few other questions:
- Chicken rice: I'm pretty loyal to Tian Tian (i think their rice is so good), do you think there is any place that I should try over it?
- Chili crab: normally, I go to Eng Seng (for chili + black pepper crab), but I was thinking maybe try Roland? What do you think?
- Crab bee hoon: do you think Sin Huat or Seng Kee is better? I'm planning on going to Seng Kee to finally try their bak chor mee, but I heard their crab bee hoon is good too. Also, do you need a reservation at Sin Huat? How many people do you think the minimum you need to go to Sin Huat is?
- Tanglin Halt Original Peanut Pancake: do you guys think this place is good? I saw it on on ieatishootipost and on bourdain and it looks like the type of dessert i would like (my gf says i like old people desserts even though i'm not old) http://ieatishootipost.sg/2011/06/tan...
Updated 27 days ago | 15
Updated 18 days ago | 17
Updated 20 days ago | 25
Updated 1 month ago | 14
Updated 21 days ago | 49