Really enjoyed today's Indonesian lunch at the Moluccas Room in Marina Bay Sands.
Dishes we had:
- Sate Anak Sapi Rica-rica - tender beef satay skewers, served with sweet dark-soysauce (kicap manis);
- Otak-otak Jakarta - cylindrical steam-baked fishcakes, served with a nutty sweet-sour sauce;
- Angus Beef Rendang - this was the piece de resistance: a meltingly tender piece of steak smothered with spicy, rich "rendang" curry sauce. Absolutely delicious;
- Confit Sakura Ayam Tuturaga - a delightful stuffed chicken leg, covered with a spicy, citrusy sauce from the North Sulawesi region of the Moluccas Islands. Must-not-miss!
- Grilled eggplanrt with sambal sauce - a good foil to the otherwise meat-rich spread we had.
- Steamed coconut-flavored yellow rice.
- Serabi - sweet pancakes with jackfruit topping and a rich coconut creme-molasses sauce;
- Seri Kaya Creme Brulee.
Both desserts were very well-made & presented, and provided a perfect ending to a most satisfying meal.
Probably the best fine-dining Indonesian restaurant in Singapore today. We got a table with a great view of Marina Bay. Service was flawless.
The Moluccas Room
2 Bayfront Avenue, #01-81
The Shoppes At Marina Bay Sands
Tel: +65 6688 7367