Osteria Mozza is the more upmarket part of Mario Batali's restaurant duplex at Marina Bay Sands (the other one was the casual Pizzeria Mozza next door).
Osteria Mozza meant business - service was top-notch (our super-efficient waiter was Swedish, don't ask me how we ended up with a Swede serving Italian food in an American casino in Singapore).
What we had that evening:
Amuse geule - goat's cheese on crisps. Delightful ;-)
- Crispy pig's trotter croquette with frisee, apple & mustard. A tad oily for our taste.
- Cotechino pork sausage with Umbrian lentils - nice!
- Bufala mozzarella with pesto, salsa romesco, tapenade & caperberry relish - wonderful!
- Pollo Scarpariello with Luciano sausage & olive oil-fried bread - outrageously delicioso :-D
- Brasato al Barolo - braised short-ribs with horseradish gremolata. Absolutely divine.
- Sagne with guanciale, tomato & spicy pickled peppers. This dish was surprisingly spicy, perhaps a nod to local Singaporean tastes.
- Cannoli di Gelati - gelato-filled cannoli's, which came in 3 flavors: caramel, pistachio & espresso. A bit of a disappointment here as we didn't expect frozen ice-cream filling in our cannolis - we preferred the traditional creme-filled ones;
- Torta della Nonna - a traditional cheesecake with chestnut honey & pinenuts. This was a tad drier than we'd liked.
Very satisfying meal, albeit a rather meat- and cream-rich one!
Marina Bay Sands
2 Bayfront Avenue
Tel: +65 6688 8522