The Saveur Group of restaurants have taken Singapore by storm in the past year - usurping the position formerly held by the Astons Group, offering unthinkably affordable dining in exorbitantly expensive Singapore. Whereas Astons does it with steaks, the Saveur folks did it in style - with imaginatively constructed and beautifully plated French fare, using organic ingredients and cooked with a light touch. Our S$37 (US$30) set lunch sets:
- Iberico ham, warm seasonal organic vegetables & herbs, edible "soil".
- Saveur Art's Pasta - Mozambique langoustine, cold Agnel Hair pasta, olive oil emulsion.
- Slow-cooked cod in olive oil, with fried baby squid, legume Bohemian, artichokes and paprika foam.
- Asian-spiced braised beef short-ribs, with jalapeno & rosemary crumbs, apples & organic baby carrots.
- Vanilla Parfait (strawberries, rhubarb, lavender meringue).
- Chocolate & Pistachio (guanaja fondant, Tanariva mousse, ivory espuma, araguani chips, pistachio ice-cream).
Amazing meal - I still could not believe that, located in Singapore's most upmarket mall, Saveur Art was able to offer such fare at these prices. Judging from the lunch crowd (on a working day), Saveur Art *really* is the 'flavour of the day' at the moment, and with good reason.
#04-11 Ion Orchard
Tel: +65 6634 1141
by Toniann Pasqueralle | Banana bread may very well be one of the greatest and most versatile gifts ever to be bestowed upon...
by Jen Wheeler | Is there anything more perfect than a steamy bowl of soup to fortify you on a bone-chilling winter...
by Patty Lee | The pastry case at a French bakery can hold a dizzying array of baked goods. There are breads, cakes...