the flip side of my earlier post:
* focaccia from Liguria Bakery in North Beach. the pizza variety in particular, though the garlic and rosemary are also quite respectable. About $3-$4/lb, I think. depends on the variety.
* Salami from Molinari Deli on Columbus at Vallejo in North Beach (their sandwiches are AWESOME, too, but slightly beyond the scope of this post :) ). In fact, I have never had a deli meat--or anything, really--from there that I didn't like. You can get a 1lb(?) salami for about $6, I think.
* currant scones from Arizmendi on 9th near Irving in the Inner Sunset. love the slight sugar crust. $1.50 each.
* fortune cookie discs (flat, about twice the area of a quarter) from Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory in SF (56 Ross--a small alley around Jackson and Washington, I think). addictive--I can eat half a bag at a sitting, easy. delicious with tea. $3/bag.
* baked goods from Copenhagen Bakery on Burlingame Avenue in Burlingame. most of my experience is with the breakfast pastries, which are faboo. recently had an apricot hamentaschen with a super buttery crust and a custard puff that was superlatively flaky considering the amount of custard in it. but it's a really great place, in my opinion. never had any of the restaurant stuff, though. prices depend on what you order, of course.
* Pancho Villa's salsa pastor (16th and Mission, or B and 4th? in San Mateo). perhaps my favorite salsa anywhere. it's the thin red salsa on all the tables, but you can also buy it in quantity to go. don't know how much it is.
* macapuno ice cream from Mitchell's at 29th and San Jose in the Mission. haven't made my way through all the flavors yet, but the macapuno has a brilliantly intense coconut flavor (I prefer it to the buko), a light, creamy texture, and those soft bits of coconut! divine. In the neighborhood of $2 for a single serving; $7?/gal.
* the Ultimate at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (yeah, it's a chain, but I love milkshakey fake "coffee drinks"). There's one on Fillmore (cross street is something like Sacramento?). $3-ish.
yes. these are some of my faves. I'm sure many if not all have been mentioned here before, but I humbly offer them in aggregate to the Chowhound collective.
what are some of your favorites? have tried to include info like location and prices--any similar info you could include would be much appreciated.