Went for a casual, comfort food dinner at this old favorite Japan/Italian fusion place of mine. My dining partner, a dear old visiting out-of-town college friends of 48 years!
Overall, our pasta-centric meal, from a 'reduced pasta choice' menu, was still pretty enjoyable. Our perfectly cooked al-dente home made pasta paired with some delicious traditional and fusion sauces.....though my favorite ' Bolognese Rose ' had been removed from the current menu!
However, compare with the past, the house special seafood soup - Zuppa de Paesce was a bit disappointing. Though still loaded with clams, prawns and scallops, it was definitely less enjoyable than previous version with the normally rich broth lacking in crustacean ( lobster and prawn shell ) aroma and taste complexity.
Since we went on a Tuesday, we received a surprising complimentary snack - Japanese poutine with bonito flakes, Japanese mayo and Tonkatsu sauce based gravy topping. Interesting and delicious.
In order, the photos are:
- Japanese style Poutine with Bonito flakes, Japanese mayo and Tonkatsu sauce Gravy
- Crudo - mixed prawns and scallops ceviche
- Zuppa de Paesce - Seafood soup: Crustacean shell based broth, clams, scallops and prawns
- Spaghetti with Snow Crab meat and Ikura cream sauce
- Fettuccine a la Bolognese
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.