2 PlacesExpand Map
As the winter takes grip over the Northern Hemisphere, one's thoughts inevitable turn to... Shellfish! One of my business associates wanted to try Kiriko, so I asked boss Ken-san to create a shellfish-intensive dinner experience for us. And of course, Kiriko never disappoints!
- Kani miso (crab tomalley) tofu
- Kegani (hairy crab) with kani miso
- Seiko gani (female snow crab) with kani miso
- Live ise ebi (spiny lobster) two ways: Sashimi (tail) and in miso soup (head)
- Shirako (cod milt) tempura with sea salt
- Uni-don (sea urchin roe rice) made from San Diego murasaki uni, with ikura (salmon roe) and Alba white truffle shavings
- Kan-buri (winter wild yellowtail belly) nigiri
- Akagai (blood clam) nigiri
- Seared kuruma ebi (Japanese tiger shrimp) nigiri with shrimp head
- Bafun uni (from Japan) nigiri: Two servings, please...
- Yuzu sorbet
by Hana Asbrink | My latest haul. Welcome to Chow...
by Dan Koday | You ever notice how a great marinade can instantly elevate what otherwise would end up as a pretty...
by Eric Silverstein | By Eric Silverstein Chef Eric Silverstein is the founder and owner of The Peached Tortilla in Austin...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.