As the winter takes grip over the Northern Hemisphere, one's thoughts inevitable turn to... Shellfish! One of my business associates wanted to try Kiriko, so I asked boss Ken-san to create a shellfish-intensive dinner experience for us. And of course, Kiriko never disappoints!
- Kani miso (crab tomalley) tofu
- Kegani (hairy crab) with kani miso
- Seiko gani (female snow crab) with kani miso
- Live ise ebi (spiny lobster) two ways: Sashimi (tail) and in miso soup (head)
- Shirako (cod milt) tempura with sea salt
- Uni-don (sea urchin roe rice) made from San Diego murasaki uni, with ikura (salmon roe) and Alba white truffle shavings
- Kan-buri (winter wild yellowtail belly) nigiri
- Akagai (blood clam) nigiri
- Seared kuruma ebi (Japanese tiger shrimp) nigiri with shrimp head
- Bafun uni (from Japan) nigiri: Two servings, please...
- Yuzu sorbet