Wife, son, and I love Shan Dong in Oakland Chinatown. We're in an ordering rut though. We're looking for other interesting and well-prepared dishes.
So far we've had the following (by category of goodness)...
The Best So Far:
- Pork and Vegetable Bun (esp when freshly made and hot from the steamer, like weekend lunch times, when you get little bits of meat juice when you take the first bite... yum)
- Hand Cut Noodle w/ Meat Sauce
- Hand Cut Noodle w/ Shredded Pork & Preserved Veg (soup)
- Lotus Chicken
- Dry Green Beans w/ Preserved Veg (favorite of 20 mo old son)
- Pork and Leek Dumplings
- Chinese Donut
- Shan Dong Chicken
- Hand Cut Noodle Chow Mein
- Spinach w Bamboo Shoots
- Onion Pancake
- Shan Dong Dumplings
- Pea sprouts
What else is particularly good?
by David Klein | Much like the divisive “Is a hot dog a sandwich?” debate, defining a dumpling can be contentious...
by Kelly Magyarics | If you're seeking a new spin on comfort food, try Curaçao's stuffed cheese dish, keshi yená. It's...
by Gretchen Lidicker | If you want make the best smoothie of all time, take these easy tips and tricks to heart. Too sweet...
by Heather Reid | This cranberry pumpkin sourdough bread recipe is the perfect thing to bake all fall—and you can swap...