Here's an idea for a "30 Questions SF Tip Sheet". I've drawn on what Stanley Stephan and others have proposed. It may be too ambitious, but it's always easier to start big and whittle down. I'm not going to try to propose answers here, just questions. I realize that the language is rather clunky, I was just trying to get the basic categories down.
30 Questions--San Francisco/Bay Area Chow Tip Sheet
Where can I get a good meal in or near the following areas?
These would list a few restaurants in each area, of various types
1. Union Square
2. South of Market (Yerba Buena Center/MOMA)
4. North Beach
5. Napa County Wine Country
6. Sonoma County Wine Country
Where can I get a good meal of the following types?
I'm suggesting we cover a few very basic types of food (e.g. pizza) and then cuisines that San Francisco/the Bay Area is known for. These listings should focus, to the extent possible, on eating places in or near Downtown San Francisco, or at least places easily accessible to Downtown SF via Muni. These may duplicate some of the geographical listings, but that's OK.
4. California Cuisine
6. Dim Sum
14. Salvadorean/Central American
Where can I get a meal with one of the following characteristics?
Same note as for the previous item
1. The meal is cheap
2. The meal is one of the finest in town
3. The restaurant is child-friendly
4. The restaurant is open late
5. The restaurant has a good view
6. The restaurant will give me an experience unique to the Bay Area