I have a dilemma to choose the perfect eating places on my upcoming New England Trip (Especially, a round trip between Boston and Bar Harbor).
Since there are so many great places I'd like to visit but we have only two days (one night), it seems to be very hard to find the perfect coordination
Here is my rough idea. Please let me know how you think about it:
1. breakfast at Maine Diner (Wells, ME): blueberry pancake, seafood chowder, ...what else (please let me know) as breakfast?
2. lunch at Wiscasset/Boothbay: Seabasket (chowder, fried clam, else?, We prefer this place over Red's...long line, split review), Bet's famous fish fry (Boothbay), Round Top ice cream stand (next to Red's),
Problem here (1 and 2) is that they are only 75 miles (90min) away. I can't eat both breakfast and lunch in two hours. I cannot spend more time time around Wiscasset/Boothbay area because we have to drive 3 hours to go to Bar Harbor. We prefer to get there around 2-3 pm (at the latest).
Probably I need to find an alternative restaurant (in either 1 or 2).
3. Dinner at Thurston's Lobster pound: many people recommends this place for both taste and view (over Beal's)
4. Breakfast in/near Bar Harbor: I don't know where to eat. please let me know.
5. Lunch at Trenton Bridge lobster pound: Another recommended spot. I wouldn't mind eating lobsters in two consecutive days.
6. Snack/Dinner: Clam Box (Ipswich, MA...for friend clam), Essex Seafood (Essex, MA... fried clam and other fried/steamed sefood) (I prefer to go these two over Clam Shack in Kennebunck, or Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery.
I think it would be a long drive (about 5 hours). If we can have a snack on the way, it would be perfect (but don't know the place to go).
7. Any good place to taste freshest oyster (raw, steamed or fried)? I heard that Oyster at Damariscota is the best in Maine. But, don't know the place to go.
Given the schedule, I want to ask your comments/advices. If you have alternative (better) place(s), please let me know with your recommendation. Sorry for long(many) questions. I appreciate your help in advance
Updated 2 years ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 43
Updated 2 years ago | 5