Not About Food

Can't think of the name of a service piece


Not About Food 2

Can't think of the name of a service piece

margaret | Jan 7, 2006 11:26 AM

A few years ago, I purchased a serving set that I saw at Williams Sonoma as a wedding gift for a friend. It contained a center dish (large square) and smaller square dishes that surrounded it (think there might have been rounded corner plates as well). These were meant to be used as a service set but could easily be used as a serving piece and individual dining plates for small portions. My thought was that the couple could use them for arranging tapas when entertaining.
It had a lovely design that was carried throughout all pieces.

However, since then, I have been unable to find anything quite like it. Williams Sonoma currently has what they call a "cena fredda" but the overall shape is oval and the smaller plates don't seem that they would do as well on their own (compared to the orignal set I had purchased).

Searching on the net (google) doesn't produce much aside from a link to the WS site and numerous italian sites (as the name apparently means "cold supper").

Can anyone help identifying the proper name for this set and perhaps pointing me towards a source to purchase another?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound