For a couple of years now, I have endured probably hundreds of posts from people visiting Seattle asking for recommendations during their stay here. As these posts kept coming, I became increasingly annoyed with them ("Scroll down the list.." type replies). Now, I am heading to San Francisco for the weekend and realize the tables have turned...
So, my partner and I will be in town for two nights (Sat & Sun in mid June) and are looking for some recommendations. The Criteria:
1) Italian would be great (really lacking in Seattle), but it would have to be GOOD (we're from NYC/NJ originally).
2) Quality "California" cuisine would work also(whatever the Hell that means...). Probably too late for Chez Pannise reservations.
3) Chinese, probably dim sum (very picky here -- lived in Mainland China for 3 years).
4) Anything else that is a must try. However, no seafood places, please -- got that covered in the Pacific Northwest.
5) Moderately priced ($10 - $20 an entree, maybe more if it is really worth it).
5) Anywhere in the downtown area (staying near Japantown, but are very open to using the compartively superior SF mass transit).
Thanks! I promise to be more accepting of these types of posts on the Seattle board in the future. (Really!)