I just moved to the Sacramento area, from the Bothell, WA area (10 miles north of seattle).
Here are the restaraunts that I miss. None of them are really gourmet, but I miss them for thier little touches. They were what was close, and where I was a regular. The wait staff recognized me as such and would strike up a conversation.
1) The Maltby Cafe (Snohomish) - Belltown Omelette is worthy of a sonet. Limited hours, but worth the trek...
2) Penn Thai (Bothell) - Fairly new Thai restaraunt in Bothell. Everything there was perfect... Very nice atmosphere, great staff, and the food... Wife didn't like Thai food until then... Often times I would go there 2 or 3 times a week for lunch, and then bring it home on Fridays.
3) Pagliacci (all over, but the U-district one is where I call home) - There are other notable Pizza places too, but they were the ones I called on most often. Besides, they were on the gourmet pizza thing before anyone else in Seattle.
4) Taco Del Mar - Sure its a fast food chain, but I miss it.
5) Athena's (Snohomish) - OK, this is a wierd restaraunt, since it has both Greek and Italian food... Here's the deal, the owners are Greek, but they can't make money selling Greek food in Snohomish, so that have mediocre Italian food on the menu to... Greek food here is awesome, and very authentic according to a friend of my who has spent a couple of years in Greece
I now live in a Suburb called Roseville, which appears to be quite affluent and spoiled (think early 90's Eastside). I'm deep in the heart of Wonderbread country. Fortunately for me I have family in Napa, which is about 90 minutes away... :)