I have been perusing the board, but not knowing Seattle geography or transportation options I thought I would post another request for recommendations.
Bay area chowhound coming to Seattle on business. I am staying at the Westin and probably won't have a car. I am looking for mid-range priced restaurants (under $20 a plate) and maybe one more expensive meal ($20-$30 a plate). Don't drink, so wine selection not a priority, only fresh, creative, and regional food.
1. Looking for dinner restaurants to which we could take our two, well behaved young children. They have gone to nice restaurants before and have been fine.
2. My son and I are allergic to wheat, so nothing that only does pasta or pizza well for instance, and nothing that puts soy sauce in everything (since it is made from wheat). Mexican or South American, Thai, Middle Eastern, Indian or higher end restaurants usually are no problem.
3. Looking for some quick lunch choices near the Convention center.
4. My husband is fish phobic, although I enjoy fresh fish/seafood, so any fish place should have other options.
5. We will probably head up to the market and seattle center one day, but we need to stay where we can easily get there by safe/reliable public transportation (like the monorail).
Now after all those requirements, anyone still with me and have recommendations?