I am going to be going to Per Se for lunch on a Friday and wonder how it compares with dinner. As I understand it, the menus are the same for lunch and dinner (perhaps not the exact food but the choice - i.e. 5 course and 9 course tasting meals).
Having said that, it occurs to me that there will be some differences that I am curious to get feedback on:
1) Are the servers and kitchen staff of the same quality as the evening? Is there any sense one is dealing with the B team?
2) Related to 1) - is the actual food of the same quality for lunch as it is at night?
3) As well, wondering if I arrive for 1:30 pm and choose the 9 course tasting meal is there any chance I will be rushed along towards the end as they get ready for dinner?
4) How does Per Se lunch compare to dinner at Jean Georges or Daniel?
5) Does anyone know if there is a standard charge for wine pairings at Per Se or a standard range?