It ended up being exactly my type of restaurant so I guess that says something about me - good food, generous portions, great space (and the city view) it all came together for a fine night out. We had a 7:30 reservation on Friday night. I thought it might be pretty busy - and it was - but we were seated right away by a friendly hostess who asked if we had been to other restaurants during restaurant week and mentioned that she had a wonderful meal at Arterrra the night before.
We each started off with a cocktail (as expected, priced in the $10 to $12 range), the blended Port of Bellini and a Mai Tai - both fairly weak, nothing too impressive.
* Tartare of Filet Mignon with Baby Arugula, Violette Mustard & Caperberries. This was tasty.
* Soufflé of Gruyere & White Truffle with Micro Greens & Sherried Figs. No complaints here.
* Everything Crusted Ahi Tuna with Lobster Mashed Potatoes, Reduction of Pinot Noir & Sautéed Spoon-Leaf Spinach. Im not sure what the everything was, but it wasnt overspiced. Really a large piece. I couldnt taste lobster flavor in the potatoes, but they were fine.
* Boursin & Pine Nut Stuffed Chicken Breast on Plugrá Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Spinach & Smoked Wild Mushroom. Delicious and juicy. This was a bone-in chicken breast.
* Crème Brulee Trio. 3 small dishs, each with a small cookie on top. They really didnt have the sugary crust on top that you might expect. The trio consisted of vanilla, orange and goat cheese.
* Chocolate Trio. Proclaimed "yummy" by my wife. We are chocolate lovers and even though she was stuffed she finished the plate off. The trio was a rich chocolate mousse (or was it their dark chocolate crème brulee?) a cone of ice cream and a tasty cake (flourless?)
(They were also serving up a salad as a starter, and the other possible entrées were Smoked Paprika Crusted Filet Mignon Medallions or Roasted Rack of Colorado Lamb. And they were also serving their full menu.)
We liked the food and I think most people were leaving stuffed. I know we did. The service was fine - nothing outstanding like Mille Fleurs, but friendly. We didn't wait long for anything and our questions were answered. No problems here.
I posted a couple of food pics at my blog, yes my very own blog.
Updated 10 days ago | 32
Updated 8 days ago | 26
Updated 16 days ago | 25
Updated 1 day ago | 24
Updated 1 day ago | 8