I'm sure there has been a thread on this before, but I cannot find one...
After just eating yet another bland, overpriced meal from the company cafeteria and feeling guilty about the demise of cooking after reading the linked article, I'm inspired. Chowhounds, please help - I want to cook lunches!
A few requirements -
1) I am looking for a hot meal. Something that can easily be reheated in the microwave. Sandwiches have become boring, it's cold outside, and besides it is nice to take a break from work and walk to the kitchenette.
2) I need to be able to make it on Sunday night and freeze or keep in the refrigerator.
3) I am looking to save some $$, so white truffles and the like are out of the question.
4) As I am quickly gaining the Holiday 8, it would be nice if lunch was healthy.
5) I don't eat eggs (I eat things with eggs in them, but anything that tastes remotely eggy - quiche, omelettes, etc, is out) but I do eat basiaclly anything else, and am open to all cuisines.
6) While I am not a horrendous cook, I am not exactly a great one either. (My only job for thanksgiving was to make the mashed potatoes. But they were darn good mashed potatoes, after all. The roasted garlic's the trick.) So anything that requires an extensive knowledge of cooking techniques is probably not for me.
7) I live in NY, where kitchens are miniscule and everywhere delivers. Therefore, my kitchen appliances are limited. No food processor. (We do of course have a blender, which is primarily used for margaritas.)
Thanks in advance for your help!!!! It is greatly appreciated!