Heavy Table has been naming their top dishes for each week. When I was eating ham and cheddar grits at Dixies and thinking it was a great dish others should know about, I thought I'd name my favorite 10 dishes for this year. I've been staying pretty close to my home in Cathedral Hill lately, rarely venturing out to Minneapolis or any suburbs. A friend in the neighborhood and I call one another spontaneously and eat out a lot, especially breakfast. Here's my list in no particular order:
1. Ham and grits bowl at Dixies served Saturday only.
2. Eggs and chorizo with a dollop of guacamoles topped with chopped raw onions and cilantro at El Burrito Mercado.
3. Blueberry pancakes with two eggs over medium and real maple syrup at Neighborhood Café. These pancakes seem to be great on weekdays only. They must have a different cook on weekends, because they seem different.
4. Cappuccino and kouign amman from Rustica Bakery at Kopplins. Not a dish but a satisfying light breakfast after a swim some days.
5. Bacon and arugula salad at Ngon. They stopped serving this last time we were there. We thought we would pester them until they brought it back. We supplement this with wine or a drink and Vietnamese egg rolls.
6. Fish and chips at Ward 6.
7. Meatloaf sandwich at Cheeky Monkey.
8. Migas at Bon Vie.
9. Ruby Rae pizza at Pizza Luce
10.Sausage and double garlic pizza at Eden Pizza.
Over in Minneapolis (I know this is more than 10.)
1. Cheddar and chorizo frittata at Blackbird Café.
2. Guacamole at Café Ena.
3. Porchetta at Porchetteria.
What have been your favorite dishes lately. I want to try some new ones.