I will be spending one night (a Sunday) in the area and would like to have a memorable dinner with my girlfriend.
Excellent seafood is the primary requirement, with interesting (and local) ingredients and preparations desired, and professional service appreciated. Strong vegetarian options, or at least flexibility on non-meat dishes, is also desired. Price is not a factor.
I’m not looking for fish and chips, but abalone and sea urchin would be bonus items. A good wine list gets bonus points, too.
Here’s what I’ve found with a little research, and I realize there’s a range of dining styles here. I’d appreciate your recommendation, or your own suggestion:
- Hoppe’s Bistro & Wine Bar, Cayucos
- Giovanni’s Fish Market & Galley, Morro Bay
- Windows on the Water, Morro Bay
- Korberl at Blue, San Luis Obispo
- Novo, San Luis Obispo
- Ciopinot, San Lius Obispo