So we have 3 days, 9 meals plus snacks and drinks. Here are my thoughts about my eating options - good food over atmosphere or trendy and some nice places but not too many formal/fancy restaurants (e.g. been to French Laundry so Per Se does not need to be on the list). So in no particular order...
- Rao's (if I could get a reservation)- so assuming I can't where should I go for really tasty Italian?
- Jackson Diner (lunch buffet)
- Prune for brunch
- Grand Sichuan - but which one?
- Hatsuhana or Yasuda for Japanese?
- John's, Patsy's, Lombardi's or Joe's for Pizza?
- Ben's, Katz's or Second Ave. deli?
- Tabla/Bread Cafe
- 71 Clinton Fresh Food
Where/what else? French bistros (e.g. Capsouto Freres, Pastis, Cafe Luxembourg) Late night places (e.g. Florent)? Drinks?