Please don't delete my message as there is no chowdown list for HK to my knowledge.
Greetings all -
I will be in Hong Kong on Nov 21st and 22nd.
I worked as a consultant doing 15 hour days in HK many moons ago,so I am sightly familiar with HK - but not been in over a decade.
I would love to meet any of you board regulars from the HK chowhound contingent - for a chowdown or chow-crawl.
Ideas and suggestions for destinations welcome. I will be more than likely staying in Kowloon and am willing to travel pretty much anywhere for great chow.
Here's a list of some places I gathered in Central, that kyle_oh has confirmed to be current. Unfortunately, he can't join because he is in KL on those days.
- Mak's Wellington for won ton noodles
- Lan Fong Yuen HK style milk tea
- Kau Kee clear broth beef brisket noodles
- the various dai pai dong's on Central on Stanley Street
- egg tart at Tai Cheong or Honolulu Cafe
- Ser Wong Fun for classical style stewed soups and dishes (e.g. baked fish intestines), lap mei claypot rice
- Luk Yu Tea House (if you have time for early dinner....pork lung almond creamy soup, old style sweet sour pork, sticky rice stuffed chicken) or try the old style dinner at Lin Heung Tea House?
Peech and Phil_D - you chaps still around?
Updated 4 days ago | 3
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 6 months ago | 7
Updated 4 months ago | 6
Updated 2 months ago | 0