Been eating really really badly. Too busy to remember meals, I pretty much starved myself (except for a crepe) for the past couple of days, then, insane with hunger, ate, in a two hour spree tonight (and, most disturbing of all, actually in this exact order):
1. pork chive dumplings in scalding broth from Sun dou dumpling shop at 214 grand (very good; this is a surprisingly under-rated place)
2. two lardy sesame fried balls stuffed with achingly sweet beany custard (from the concession in front, 'cuz the dumplings didn't do the trick)
3. two glasses of smoked beer (nominally the purpose of the evening) at Blind Tiger Ale House (disappointing)
4. a single serving (albeit generous) of Magnolia Bakery's butterscotch cheesecake in pecan crust, topped with whipped cream
5. two slices of patsy's pizza (east harlem)
and (full, but spotted a new place on the way home):
6. a fried whiting sandwich plus corn bread muffin from a new fish/chips place in spanish harlem (very good, but not great fish...soul fixin's is the place for fried fish, 34th and 9th).
At least it all made sense geographically. Thank goodness Corner Bistro was really crowded.
So...it's 1:30 am and I'm hoping if I stay up really really late maybe I'll have digested enough of this stuff to NOT suffer vivid dreams of various acts of torture and mayhem. Maalox by my pillow.
I need to break this malnutrition jag before I develop spirtual kwashiorkor (that's where your soul distends). Where can I go to have a nice, solid square meal tomorrow? I want, like, pot roast (not too fatty or salty), nice spinach (no garlic), maybe some wild rice. String beans. Doesn't have to be those actual foods, but I don't want excitement, I want nutrition, I want to ingest many (if not all) of the food groups. Not vegetarian, either; I want to be solidly and enduringly (but not excessively) sated. Try to reset my system, etc.
PS wiseguys with calorie tables: please KEEP THE TOTAL TO YOURSELVES. I'm doubling my workout tomorrow...
Updated 22 days ago | 17
Updated 9 days ago | 20
Updated 1 month ago | 14
Updated 1 month ago | 15
Updated 3 days ago | 26