+
Bob W. | Oct 2, 200010:39 AM     1

One of the Washington area's most beloved restaurants, L'Auberge Chez Francois, was severely damaged by an electrical fire Saturday.

Most damage was to the kitchen, but the dining areas suffered smoke and water damage as well.

Owner Francois Haeringer vows to reopen in time for the holidays.

Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›

More from Chowhound

10 Herbal Lemonades to Upgrade Your Summer Picnic
Food News

10 Herbal Lemonades to Upgrade Your Summer Picnic

by Pamela Vachon | Recall that scene in “Bridesmaids” when Kristen Wiig’s character is handed a pink lemonade en route...

11 Ways to Sip (and Eat!) Sweet Tea This Summer
Recipe Round-Ups

11 Ways to Sip (and Eat!) Sweet Tea This Summer

by Joey Skladany | You're not considered a real Southerner unless you take your tea extra sweet. We're not talking three...

Rosé All Day: Here's How Your Favorite Wine Is Actually Made
Explainers

Rosé All Day: Here's How Your Favorite Wine Is Actually Made

by Dan Koday | Pale pink in color, rosé looks pretty divine submerged in a half-melted ice bucket drenched by sunlight...

As the Heat Turns Up, the Reds Cool Down: Your Guide to Drinking Red Wine This Summer
Guides

As the Heat Turns Up, the Reds Cool Down: Your Guide to Drinking Red Wine This Summer

by Maryse Chevriere | Poor wine. Beloved as you are, you never can seem to completely shake the nagging stereotype that...

See what's new!

View latest discussions ›

Get fresh food news delivered to your inbox

Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.