Sacramento hounds, let's have a chowdown...
We'll be back in town and continuing our survey of Sacramento Mexican food on Sunday, October 26th. I'd love to have some Sacramento hounds join me in the fun.
In the spirit of the bay area taco crawls, we'll meet in an area with a high density of taquerias. In this case, that'll be Franklin Street, unless I can be persuaded otherwise. We'll spend several hours rambling from place to place, eating as much as we can and picking up stuff to take home. Since Sacramento is a little more spread out than the Mission or Fruitvale, we'll need to go between most stops by car rather than on foot.
I'll be fine tuning the itinerary over the next few weeks, but here is an idea of the places we may go:
- La Esperanza panaderia, for churros and other delicious sweet and savory breads.
- La Esperanza mercado, for tamales, masa, tortillas, and carnitas
- The mysterious taco window in the back of the bar La Pantera
- La Favorita, for seafood caldos
- La Superior Mercado
Anyone in Sacramento with an interest in Mexican food is welcome to attend: regular posters or lurkers, experts on Mexican food or novices. Maybe we can even get some Reno or bay area hounds to come out and join us!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- If you'd like to join us, please email me. Let me know if you have time restrictions and I'll do my best to accomodate. I'll send more precise instructions after getting feedback.
- If you have a recommendation for places to go or dishes not to miss, whether you will be rambling with us or not, please post them here on the board.
See you on the 26th!