General Discussion

Rock-hard exploded burnt brown sugar crust -- help!

Share:

General Discussion 11

Rock-hard exploded burnt brown sugar crust -- help!

Robert | Feb 20, 2003 05:14 PM

Someone I cannot identify for reasons of my own personal safety thought it would be a good idea to heat up a box of brown sugar in the microwave. It exploded, coating large parts of the inside of the microwave with a dark brown burnt sugar substance that is now rock hard. Using a hammer and a chisel on the inside surfaces of the microwave (not to mention the rotating glass tray) seems like a bad idea. Anyone know how to get this crud off? Thanks!

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound